Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Dodo's Kitchen : The Sunflower SurpriCe

Making the 'sunflower' is easy.
Ingredients  :-
1) 2 eggs
2) half a big carrot (thinly sliced like potato chips almost)
3) 1 small tomato (finely chopped, seeds removed)
4) some salt, pepper, McCormick's Italian Herbs (optional)
5) Butter

Cooking Steps
First, saute the carrots and tomato with butter until it softens and blends in well. A little caramelized. Then pour in 2 well beaten eggs. Cook both sides. Add salt and pepper to season.

Black Pepper Chicken with Cashew-nuts Filling
Ingredients:
1) About 100 grams of chicken or less.
2) Quarter of a big juicy onion
3) 1 dried chili cut into a few pieces
4) 3 cashew-nuts (halved)
5) Ready made black pepper sauce (I used Puteri brand)
6) Salt and pepper

Cooking Steps
1) Marinade some chicken pieces in ready made black pepper sauce. (20 minutes will do)
2) Fry the onions, dried chilli and cashew-nuts on medium heat.
3) Add the chicken and stir fry. Increase the heat for about a minute or two when you add the chicken, then lower the heat again. (Ummm....at first I was very confused with the aroma I was getting. Honestly, it smelt like shit. I began looking around to see if there was cat shit or something but it was coming from the pan. Lo and behold! That's how it's supposed to smell like but after a while it dies out. Thus why you should increase the heat when you add in the marinated chicken! )
4) Optional: Put a dash of McCormick's dried Basil.

How to get the SurpriCe Effect!
1) Put some rice into a small bowl and press the rice down while making a hollow center for the filling.
2) Put the filling in and press down. Make sure it's compressed well.
3) Flop it on the egg and do not remove the bowl immediately. Give it a minute.
4) You can garnish to your taste. Ta da! I think kids might have fun eating this. I know I did ;p


No comments:

Post a Comment