Sunday, 14 August 2011

From Pamela Teh Dass's Kitchen: Chicken Pieces Cooked in Milk and Fragrant Leaves

Left: Pamela's Version. Right: D Dodo's


Pamela's Recipe
Ingredients:
Bite-sized chicken pieces (I used quarter of a whole chicken) to be marinated in 3 or 4 tbsp of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce for at least 1/2 hour. [if no L&P sauce, u can marinate in 1 tbsp oyster sauce and 1 tsp salt] 

1 stem curry leaves
3/4 tbsp chopped ginger
3 to 6 cili padi, chopped finely
4 tbsp milk
3/4 tbsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Cooking Steps:
1. Heat enough oil to deep fry chicken pieces til golden and cooked. Drain the oil from chicken pieces and leave aside.
2. Leave abt 3 tbsp of oil in the pan. Remove the rest. Fry curry leaves, ginger and cili padi until fragrant. Add in milk and sugar.Season with salt and pepper.
3. Lastly, add in fried chicken pieces and mix well with sauce. 
4. Voila! E-A-T! :) 


What D' Dodo tweaked in this recipe:
 1) I didn't chop all the chili padi. 
2) I added more milk (2 tablespoons extra)
3) I marinated the chicken with oyster sauce, salt and a little tumeric
4) I added extra curry leaves and didn't cut them into pieces.

"It doesn't matter if it looks different as long as it tastes great!" D'Dodo :)









No comments:

Post a Comment