![]() |
| Left: Esther's, Right: Mine |
Esther's Recipe Ingredients and Cooking Method:
"coat, cleaned prawn with salt and masala powder + chili powder. panaskan oil..tumis (stir fry) onion, ginger, garlic + curry leaves. dry chilis. add prawn. salt to taste, finally add green chili. done."
That's it!
How D'Dodo made it:
- 7 Pieces of Prawns (i'm cooking for 1)
- 1 heap teaspoon chili powder
- 1 heap teaspoon masala powder
- 1 dried chili torn into pieces
- some curry leaves
- some salt
- some onion + garlic + ginger
- (I didn't have green chilies so I omitted it)
* For the cooking method, I followed Esther's order.
What I should have done was coat the prawns when they were a little 'drier', mine were very wet and my tickling-taste-buds say it makes a difference! Put a ratio of 2:1 of chili powder and masala powder (meaning more chili powder) when you fry. Think it will help with the colour too!
Be that as it may, the combination of the powders, chilies and leaves were awesome and if you're not bothered about colour and presentation, who cares! Play around and do whatever tickles your taste buds.
Will try it again soon and let you know!

No comments:
Post a Comment