I know I told myself I wouldn’t write so much of crap in this blog and stick to recipes but there are something that I’d like to say aloud. Before I bore unsuspecting listeners to death, I’d have a better chance of maybe being heard willingly here.
Last weekend, I went home to Klang for the long weekend to attend a wedding. A dear family friend had suffered a heart-attack and needed surgery. This really got me thinking about the state of my body and health. I mean, I know it’s an age old saying, but truly, I’m not getting any younger. And the truth is, with the reckless means I’ve been eating without thinking, I personally am scared to investigate my medical state ‘cause the last test I did showed high levels of bad cholesterol and I haven’t bothered to cut down on any crap I eat.
So, anyway….recently I have read about the benefits of Fenugreek/ Biji Halba/ Venthayam and have been practicing it in my diet for almost a month now. Not diligently, but I will now. I have decided to include raw and healthy components that help fight various diseases. Now, I intend to add bitter gourd, lime, oats (yuck!), ginger, garlic and other stuff I might discover along the way.
I will attach articles on the raw foods I’m about to add in my diet, reasons and how to consume them. I will also write a report here in my blog after 6 months to see if there are any improvements in my health status. ARhhhhgggghhh… dread this but must do a blood test soon so I can compare results. Hopefully through home cooking and adding on these raw foods in my body (as well as a little exercise) , I can be a better human being towards my body.
No comments:
Post a Comment