| Ingredients | Method |
Neela Chandran’s 1) Minced Meat 2) Onions 3) Carrots 4) Peas 5) Salt 6) Chili Powder 7) Mozzarella 8) Cheddar | Neela Chandran’s Minced meat – marinade with salt and pepper and chili powder Stir fry mince meat with onions , peas and carrots (make sure its dry) Boil and mash potatoes with a bit of salt Once cooked, layer your container Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar Bake in oven for 5-7 mins till your cheese turns golden brown and serve with a side dish Bake at 180 c. Higher if you want the cheese to melt fast. |
| Dodo’s Modifications 1) 1 cup Minced Chicken Meat 2) ½ Big Yellow Onion 3) 3 medium sized potatoes 4) 1/3 Cup Frozen Mix Veg 5) Paprika 6) White Pepper 7) Salt 8) 3-4 tbsp Black Pepper Sauce (Puteri Brand) 9) Mozzarella | Boil the potatoes and mash with a little white pepper. Trying to cut down on salt so I didn't add. I forgot to marinade the minced meat so I just stir-fried it with these ingredients. - Yellow onion - Mix veg - Paprika - Black Pepper sauce - Minced Meat - 2 tablespoons of mozzarella to make the ingredients a little sticky (Make sure you fry the ingredients until dry or you will have liquid oozing as you bake) You can modify and the ingredients to your liking. Layering: 1) Using the back of a spoon press down the fried ingredients into a baking pan. Make sure you don’t have air-pockets. Not that I think it matters but it feels right. 2) Using the back of a spoon, spread the mashed potatoes until it creates a smooth surface. 3) Grate and sprinkle Mozzarella and cover the surface of the pie. Bake at 180 C for 5-10 minutes depending on the size of your oven. Mine is small (25 litres I think) so 7 minutes is enough. With the top burner switched on during the last 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese top. |
Live To Create & Eat To Live : Visiting Virtual Kitchens Around Malaysia! Can I visit yours? :)
Friday, 24 February 2012
From Neela Chandran's Kitchen : Shepherds Pie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment